Reception Elder Class
Things to know about Elder Class!
Class Teacher & EYFS Foundation Stage Leader - Mrs Blenkarn
Early Years Practitioner - Mrs Paton
Early Years Practitioner - Mrs Momen
PPA cover – Mrs Consoli (Tuesday PM)
Lunchtime Supervisor - Mrs Foster
Firstly, welcome to the St Joseph’s family!
Our main priority is to ensure each child is happy and enjoys their journey throughout our School!
Elder Class Essential Information
- Your child will read once a week in school with a teacher and books will be sent home on a Friday. Books will be changed every Friday so please ensure the book is in their bag ready to be changed on this day.
- Please could you read at home with your child each day as this will really help your child. Reading is a life skill that we really want your child to achieve before they leave Reception.
- Our PE day is on a Tuesday. From January 2022 the children will need plain black jogging bottoms or shorts, a white t-shirt and jumper. They will also need pumps.
- On Monday we go outside for Muddy Monday, we go outside in all weather conditions so wellies and waterproof clothing are essential. These should be kept in school at all times.
- Fresh drinking water is available at all times for children to freely access throughout the day therefore no water bottle is needed in class.
- Home learning will be sent home every Friday in your child's home learning book. This is an oppurtunity to practise something we have introduced in school during the week and practise again at home.
- Anything that you do at home can be shared in their home learning book or in the Google Classroom.
- Finally, we do ask for a voluntary weekly £1 donation which we use to purchase extra snacks, purchase baking materials and enhanced craft materials. Your support each week really does help us to provide the extra special things for your child’s learning and it is gratefully received. A donation tin will be outside our class entrance each week.
If you do have any questions then please get in touch, my email address is email@example.com - alternatively I am around every day both before and after school and always happy to help.
Our Class saint is St. Mary Magdalene and our Class Virtue is Forgiveness.
We will host an assembly later in the school year to celebrate her feast day which is 22nd July.
Half Termly Knowledge Organisers
School Year Curriculum Overview
Elder Class Letters