Reception Maple Class
Welcome to Maple Class!
Class teacher- Miss Klenk
Early Years Practitioner- Miss Maqbool
PPA cover – Mrs Wilson (Tuesday PM)
Lunch time supervisor- Mrs Shaban
Firstly, welcome to the St Joseph’s family!
Our main priority is to ensure each child is happy and enjoys their journey throughout our School!
In Maple class we strive to create a calm, happy and loving learning environment where children achieve their maximum potential. Working together as a class family to learn key skills needed for future life which include friendships, communication skills, physical skills needed for writing, a strong foundation in numbers and a thorough knowledge about the world and people around them.
We teach children a variety of topics to ignite new interests and teach new knowledge and vocabulary. We are also very lucky in the early years to be able to follow children's current interests and learn lots of new skills and knowledge in the moment by following their lead. Learning to read, write and count are essential life skills that we practise each and every day, as a whole class, in small groups and within the children's play. Full details of the topics and skills we teach can be found below.
Throughout the school year we will also enhance your child's learning experience by providing wow days, these include visitors into school trips out into the local communnity, weekly muddy Monday's and trips further afield out in to the countrside to visit a real life working farm. We look forward to a fun filled year
Maple Class essential information
- Your child will read once a week in school with a teacher and these books will be sent home on a Friday. They will be changed on a Friday so please ensure the book is in their bag this day.
- Please could you read at home with your child each day as this will really help your child. Reading is a life skill that we really want your child to achieve before they leave Reception.
- We do ask for a weekly £1 donation, which we use towards extra snacks, baking materials and craft materials. This does help us provide extra special things for your child’s learning and it is gratefully received. A donation tin will be put outside our class entrance each week.
- Our PE day is on a Tuesday. From January 2022 the children will need plain black jogging bottoms or shorts, a white t-shirt and jumper. They will also need pumps.
- On Monday we go outside for Muddy Monday, we go outside in all weather conditions so wellies and waterproof clothing are essential. These should be kept in school at all times.
- Cups and water are available at all times for children in the day.
- Home learning will be sent home every each week for you to practise something we have learnt at home during the week. Anything that you do at home can be shared in their home learning book. It is an amazing celebration at the end of the year to seethe learning you have done together!
If you do have any questions then please get in touch. My email address is email@example.com - alternatively I am around most days both before and after school.
Our Class saint is St. Francis and our class Virtue is Friendship.
School Curriculum Overview 2021-2022
Summer 2 - Termly Knowledge Organiser
Spring 2 Termly Knowledge Organiser
Spring 1 Termly Knowledge Organiser
Autumn Termly Knowledge Organiser