Year 1/2 Willow Class
Things to know about Willow Class!
Kirsty Garnett - Class teacher, KS1 Leader and Phonics Leader
Miss Clarkson - teaching assistant
Ms Towler - teaching assistant (PM)
Miss Done - lunchtime supervisor
Mrs Consoli - PPA cover (Wednesday PM)
- Please read with your child as regularly as possible. The more they practise, the more confident and fluent your child will become. The children will read with an adult three times per week, we love to read your comments so please write in your child's reading record how they have done with their reading at home.
- Books will be changed every Tuesday and Friday, please sign your child's reading book when you have read with them.
- Our PE day is on a Thursday. The children will need their PE kit in school, this consists of plain black jogging bottoms or shorts, a white t-shirt and jumper. They will also need pumps.
- Home learning will be sent every Friday via Google Classroom. The virtual classroom is an excellent place to share home learning, takeaway homework or anything exciting you have done at home that your child would like to share with their friends in Willow Class.
- If you would like your child to have a school water bottle, they are 40p each.
If you do have any questions then please get in touch. My email address is email@example.com - alternatively I am around most days both before and after school.
Our Class saint is St. Valentine and our class Virtue is Reflection.
In Willow class we aim for the children to be happy and confident in all that they do. We aim for the children to thrive in learning and friendship and love coming to school each day. Everyday is an opportunity to learn and develop as we try to be the best that we can be. We believe in ourselves, celebrate our differences and encourage each other everyday. We are all a part of the Willow Class family.
In Willow class we organise our learning by building upon the skills that we have learned in EYFS and in Year 1, as well as learning new skills, to ensure that we are continually progressing in each area. Through our creative curriculum, we ensure that the children learn a range of topics and grow their skills through those topics. This school year we will be focusing on the following topics;
Once Upon a Time
Bright Lights, Big City!
People Who Help Us
These exciting topics show a full coverage of the National Curriculum, as well as providing learning opportunities that will capture the creativity and imagination of our children. It is through these topics we endeavour to Believe in God, ourselves and others.
In Willow Class nurture is at the forefront on our minds - through lamps and fairy lights we promote a calming and cosy classroom environment with low lighting and a relaxed atmosphere to help the children feel at home. Our class environment is something that the children adore and it is clear to see the impact of this throughout the school day. We promote children to have a sense of ownership over their learning space with each child having an area of the classroom that they are responsible for. Our class fish help the children to further their sense of responsibility by being responsible for their care.
We plan on lots of exciting trips and learning opportunities throughout the year, which will engage the children in their learning and ensure they have the #bestdaysoftheirlives, thus inspiring writing, enthusiasm and a quest for learning!