Year 3/4 Hawthorn Class
Ruth McCarter - Part time class teacher (Mon, Tues and Wed AM) Geography leader
Rebecca Coventry - Assistant Head, English Leader and Class teacher (Wed PM, Thursday and Friday)
Miss Brown - Teaching Assistant and Lunch time supervisor
Mr Garnett - PPA cover (1 hour PE Wednesday PM)
- Please read with your child as regularly as possible. The more practice, the more confident and fluent your child will become.
- Books will be changed everyday if required.
- Our PE day is on a Wednesday. The children will need plain black jogging bottoms or shorts, a white t-shirt and jumper. They will also need pumps.
- Outdoor learning takes place on Wednesday. The children will need wellington boots during the winter months.
- If you would like your child to have a school water bottle, they are 40p each.
- Spellings are set on a Monday and then checked on a Friday.
- If you do have any questions then please get in touch. Our email addresses are firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Things you could do at home
- Please read with your child as regularly as possible. We ask for a minimum of three times a week. Daily if possible. Reading books are required to be brought in daily. If your child has read their book and it has been signed then it will be changed. We ask that you read as much as you can, not just school reading books but for enjoyment also. We know sometimes it can be tricky to fit it in but it is for your child's benefit.
- When reading, check for meaning and understanding.
- New spellings will be given every Monday on Spelling Shed (your child has a log in) and will be checked on a Friday.
- Practise times tables on a regular basis. Your child should know all of their times tables. We will have to complete the statutory times tables test in June 2022 for Year 4's only. All pupils will be taking part in this. Please make the most of the Times Tables Rock-stars subscription we have. If you require your log child's log in, then please get in touch.
- At the start of each half term, I will send out a sheet with key information regarding our topic work. Please use this as a talking point and look at the vocabulary together with your child.
- Each term we send home a 'Takeaway home work' sheet that runs for the whole term. House points are awarded on completion of tasks. They can be brought in at anytime throughout the term.
Fabulous Fact Sheets Take Away homework Letters