Year 4 Oak Class
Ben Palmer - Class teacher, Maths Leader, IT Leader and KS2 Leader
Mrs Hargreaves - teaching assistant
Miss Shaban - lunchtime supervisor
Mrs Consoli - PPA cover (Thursday PM, Friday PM)
- Please read with your child as regularly as possible. The more practice, the more confident and fluent your child will become.
- Books will be changed every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Our PE day is on a Monday. The children will need plain black jogging bottoms or shorts, a white t-shirt and jumper. They will also need pumps.
- Outdoor learning takes place on Monday. The children will need wellington boots during the winter months.
- If you would like your child to have a school water bottle, they are 40p each.
- If you do have any questions then please get in touch. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org - alternatively I am around most days both before and after school.
Our Class Saint is St. Peter and our class virtue is Confidence.
In Oak class we desire for our children to be safe and happy, as well as being excited and challenged by their learning. We provide an environment where each child can strive to be the best they can be. The curriculum topics show how we enable pupils to demonstrate progression of skills built on from previous years, as well as allowing the opportunity to teach and learn new subject knowledge.
The topics that will be taught this year in Oak show a full coverage of the National Curriculum as well as providing learning opportunities that will capture the creativity and imagination of our children. It is through these topics we endeavour to Believe in God, ourselves and others.
Our topic work this year begins in the Autumn with ‘Ancient Egypt’, and will be followed by ‘Yorkshire’ and ‘The Tudors’ after Christmas with ‘Rainforests’ in the Summer term. I am planning an exciting array of activities, trips and visitors, which we hope, will fire their imaginations, harness their enthusiasm and improve their writing.
Completing the year with our class residential, thus giving us the opportunity to further explore our wider environment. These topics allow the children not only to ask questions about their local environment but fuels healthy curiosity in the children about themselves and the world around them.
Spring Fabulous Fact Sheets
Autumn Fabulous Fact Sheets
Spring Takeaway Homework
Autumn Takeaway Homework