Year 5 Chestnut Class
Things to know about Chestnut class:
Mrs Sampson - Class teacher
Mrs Myers - Teaching assistant
Mrs Robertson - Lunchtime supervisor
Mr Garnett - PPA cover (Thursday afternoon)
- Our PE day is on a Friday. The children will need plain black jogging bottoms or shorts, a white t-shirt and jumper and they will also need pumps or trainers.
- Swimming lessons will be every Monday afternoon until February half term.
- Please read with your child as regularly as possible. The more practice the more confident and fluent your child will become. Books can be changed whenever your child has finished reading it.
- Homework will be given in English and Maths at the start of each week and should be handed in the following Monday.
- Spellings will be given out weekly and learnt for a test every Thursday.
- If you would like your child to have a school water bottle, they are 40p each.
If you do have any questions then please get in touch. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively I am around most days both before and after school.
Our class saint is St Patrick and our class virtue is Faith
In Chestnut class we desire for our children to be safe and happy, as well as being excited and challenged by their learning. We provide an environment where each child can strive to be the best they can be. The curriculum topics are organised and planned to enable pupils to demonstrate progression of skills built on from previous years, as well as allowing the opportunity to teach and learn new subject knowledge.
The topics that will be taught this year in Chestnut show a full coverage of the National Curriculum as well as providing learning opportunities that will capture the creativity and imagination of our children. It is through these topics we endeavour to Believe in God, ourselves and others.
Our topic work this year begins in the Autumn with Victorians, and will be followed by Earth and Space, Magnificent Mountains, Save our Planet and Coastal Capers. Activities and trips are planned to inspire and enthuse the children and lead to creative writing opportunities. Our residential trip to the coast will be a highlight for the year, enabling the children to learn, explore, be immersed in exciting activities and build happy memories.
Yearly Curriculum Overview 2021 -2022