This is our St Joseph's Catholic Primary School Mission Statement:
At St. Joseph’s, we develop wonderful young people, driven by the virtues that we teach and live by. With Christ at the centre of all we do, we are an inclusive Catholic school that enables children to succeed, develop friendships and come to know God and themselves.
Our school is a safe, exciting place to learn.
The best days of our lives!
Believing in God, ourselves and others.
The education children receive at St Joseph's has Gospel values at its very core. We strive to create a warm, caring and inviting atmosphere in which children feel secure and experience success. We aim to develop a sense of self-worth and high esteem amongst all of our pupils and treat all equally, in this way all pupils are encouraged to realise their full potential; intellectually, emotionally, physically and spiritually, regardless of race, gender, religion or disability. We encourage the whole school community to take an active role in fulfilling this aim.
Our aim is to enable our children to become:
- Spiritual beings who have positive social morals and values and know the joy of Christ as their friend.
- Successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve their full potential.
- Confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society.
We endeavour to do this by giving our children:
- A deeply comprehensive Catholic curriculum, including the teaching of other faiths.
- A thorough grounding in the basics of English, maths and ICT.
- A breadth of experience in science, arts, geography, history, languages and PE.
- Creative and innovative learning experiences which value first hand experiences, support personal development and responsibility.
- A lifelong love of learning.